Kids Charlotte

Kids Charlotte

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Indoor Activities for this Rainy Weather

Indoor family Activities for this Rainy Weather 





(1) Bake some cookies and homemade ice cream- Baking and doing family things together can be so relaxing. My daughters and I made some monkey bread and homemade ice cream. Cookies are easier to do and less painful. You can buy some pre-made cookie mix at the store and if you are rained in you can call shipt to deliver groceries to our front door. I will post a video recipe below for the home made ice cream. 

Homemade ice cream recipe









(2) Do Karaoke- My family and I love Karaoke! Both of my daughters love to sing and any-time I say, lets do Karaoke they get so excited, so every Wednesday night we have family night and we mix it up and do Karaoke. I went out to Wal-mart and bought a Karaoke machine, it was under $100, but before we got the karaoke machine we will just find youtube videos that offer karaoke videos and play them off our smart TV, you can always use a laptop, either way they kids will love it!






(3)Play board games- If you have older kids this will definitely be fun. My daughters are 6 and 8 and they love board games, and they also like it when I play go-fish with them. So great board games are monopoly, trouble, candy land, and Family feud. 







(4) Have your children read a book- My family is big on learning so every day during the summer I had my girls ready 2 books a day. I downloaded an app on my phone and its called "Read Me" and the app reads the books to your child, and your child can read the book after the app reads to them, and any words that your child don't know, all she have to do is click on the word and it will pronounce the word for your child. Its a great app because it also have activities that your child can do and it matches your child up with their reading level. The app is free and you get 5 free books, and if you want to order more books its only 1.99 for another 5 books. I love this app 

No comments:

Post a Comment